Mathematics BGE course in the ASN Department
The Broad General Education Mathematics Course in the ASN Department runs from S1 to S3 covering a range of levels depending on the pupils’ abilities. Its aim is to help our pupils to become secure and confident with their knowledge of Mathematics and Numeracy.
We help pupils learn how to solve problems which require the use of Mathematical knowledge and strategies.
Our aim in the ASN Department:
- To maximise pupil achievement and attainment
- To help pupils achieve the required level of numeracy skills for the real world
- To make learning Maths enjoyable in a safe environment.
Topics covered from Level 1 to Level 3 include:
- Number and Number Processes
- Coordinates and Symmetry
- Multiples, Factors and Primes
- Fractions, Decimals and Percentages
- Speed, Distance and Time
- Angles and Bearings
- Linear Patterns
- Length, Area and Volume
- Data Analysis
- Powers and Roots
- Properties of 2D Shape and 3D Objects
- No downloads