Learner Journey Summary - S1 Maths
Whole Numbers and Decimals 1 (3 weeks)
- Learn to identify, calculate and solve basic maths problems.
Algebra (3 weeks)
- Learning about formulae with an introduction to algebra, following modelled examples, using online algebra games and copying and completing algebra formulae from textbook in jotter.
Negative Numbers 1 (3 weeks)
- Learn to count, add, subtract, multiply and divide using negative to positive numbers lines.
Distance Speed and Time (3 weeks)
- Learn to work out speed, distance and time of and for practical and written examples.
Angle Properties and 2D Shape (3 weeks)
- Learning to identify the name and degrees of angles in a circle and in everyday life with illustrated examples.
Co-ordinates (3 weeks)
- Learning about drawing an X and Y axised grid.
- Learning about identifying the location co-ordinates of points inserted on a grid.
- Learning to insert points on a grid based on given co-ordinates.
- Learning basic geographical directions and compass points in relation to map co-ordinates.
Patterns (3 weeks)
- Learning basic number patterns.
- Learning geometric patterns in rows of shapes.
Probability (3 weeks)
- Learning to calculate basic possible outcomes of scenario examples.
- Learning to gauge likely outcomes and solutions to given probability problems.
Operations with Numbers (2 weeks)
- Learning to follow rules of number operations.
- Learning to copy and complete numbers operations on paper and in interactive ICT activities.
Money (3 weeks)
- Learning basic techniques to add, subtract, count, divide and multiply using the decimal system and symbol literacy (pounds and pence) of money.
- Learning to copy and complete money problems on paper and in online activities.
Statistics (3 weeks)
- Learning to gather information as data.
- Learning to tabulate information.
- Learning to represent data in graph form.
- Learning to draft various types of graph on paper and using Microsoft Excel.
Circles (2 weeks)
- Learning introductory level elements of a circle; radius, circumference and diameter.
- Learning to reckon circumference of a circle using Pi.
2D and 3D Shapes (3 weeks)
- Learning to draw 2D shapes according to measurement.
- Learning to draw and make 3D shapes/objects according to given set of measurements.
- No downloads