Learner Journey Summary - S2 Maths
Decimals 2 (3 weeks)
- Learning to add, subtract, divide and multiply decimals.
Calculation and rounding (3 weeks)
- Learning to calculate arithmetic sums using devices and rounding to the nearest decimal or units place.
Length (3 weeks)
- Learning to measure in millimetres, centimetres and metres.
Volume and Weight (4 weeks)
- Learning to measure liquids and volume in centimetres3, millilitres and litres.
- Learning to measure in grams and kilograms.
Fractions, Decimals and Percentages (5 weeks)
- Learning to simplify and aggregate fractions.
- Learning to link decimals to fraction equivalents.
- Adding subtracting, dividing and multiplying in decimals.
- Learing to calculate percentages from numerical data.
- Learn to work out value of percentages of a given amount.
Using and analysing data (4 weeks)
- Learning to devise and read surveys.
- Learning to form data from information gathered or supplied.
- Reading what data connected to specific tables and surveys.
Symmetry and Tilings (4 weeks)
- Learning to copy and complete shapes and illustrations based on symmetry instructions.
- Learning to copy and continue tiling patterns according to shapes and colours.
Scales and Scale drawings (3 weeks)
- Learning to identify scale of illustrated shapes and objects/buildings.
- Learning to draw shapes and objects to a given scale, scaled up or scaled down.
Mathematician Presentation (4 weeks)
- Select a famous Mathematician and create a wallchart with drawing of the Mathematician, examples of the work he/she did and a biography of the mathematician.
- No downloads