Learner Journey Summary - S3
Food Safety and Hygiene
- The main causes of food poisoning and what steps should be taken to prevent it.
Food Preparation Techniques
- To use a range of ingredients and equipment to make a variety of food products.
- The purpose of cooking.
- The main methods of heat transfer.
- Wet and dry methods of cooking.
- How to check for readiness.
Nutrients and Health
- The sources and functions of the key nutrients.
- Current Dietary Goals and their importance in improving health.
- How to make healthy changes to recipes.
Understanding and Using Ingredients
- The functions of ingredients in a recipe.
- How ingredients are categorised and stored.
- How to use ingredients to adapt and improve recipes.
- No downloads