Learner Journey Summary - Higher
Learners will have the opportunity to use their graphic communication skills, knowledge and understanding to:
- Demonstrate their understanding of computer-aided design techniques including commercial/industrial practice.
- Demonstrate reasoning ability by justifying graphics in specific contexts.
- Eplain the use of digital technology in graphic communication.
- Interpret/respond to given 2D, 3D and pictorial drawings and sketches.
- Identify and describe drawing standards, protocols and conventions.
- Define, describe and evaluate the use of recognised desktop publishing features.
- Describe, define and evaluate the use of design elements and principles in promotional graphics.
- Comment knowledgeably on graphic communication as it impacts on the environment and society.
- Demonstrate creativity in responding to realistic and contextualised graphic tasks and situations.
- Demonstrate skills in the use of graphic communication technologies in meeting a purpose.
- Produce relevant preliminary, production and promotional graphic responses to a brief.
- Apply illustration and presentation techniques to create graphics responses with relevant visual impact and clear purpose.
- Produce 2D and 3D production drawings1, applying appropriate standards, protocols and conventions; including third angle projection, dimensioning, line type and the use of scale.
- Produce promotional graphic publications with relevant visual impact that are planned and designed to meet a market, purpose, content and style.
- Review, evaluate and justify their decisions on the choices of graphic items and communication techniques employed.
- No downloads