Learner Journey Summary - S2
Unit 1: Nutrients and Health
- To know and understand then main nutrients, their functions and sources in the diet.
- To know and understand the nutritional needs of people who have different conditions and requirements.
- To plan a healthy diet to suit individual needs.
- To be able to adapt recipes to meet current dietary advice.
Unit 2: Factors Affecting Food Choice
- To know and understand various factors which affect people’s food choice.
- To understand that people choose different foods due to their religion.
- To recognise the variety of foods consumed by people of different religious views.
- To know that regardless of religious views, it is important to eat a balanced diet for good health.
Unit 3: Packaging Matters
- To understand the various types of food packaging materials available and their suitability for different foods.
- To understand the importance of reducing waste from food packaging.
- To know and understand what information is required by law on a food label.
- To be aware of what information on a food label is voluntary.
Unit 4: Design and Make a Pizza
- To design and make a healthy pizza suitable for a teenager.
- To create a labelled box containing all the information legally required by manufacturers.
Unit 5: IDL Foodbanks
- To gain an awareness and understanding of how low income can affect people’s food choice.
- No downloads