Learner Journey Summary - N4
Unit 1: Understanding and using ingredients
- Apply an understanding of ingredients from a range of categories.
- Use ingredients in the preparation of dishes.
Unit 2: Cookery skills, techniques and processes
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the range of cookery skills, food preparation techniques and cookery processes.
- Develop an understanding of the importance of safe and hygienic practices during the production of dishes.
Unit 3: Organisational skills for cooking
- Select and follow recipes with minimal guidance, to produce two dishes.
- Implement a time plan, with minimal guidance, to produce two dishes.
Unit 4: Produce a meal (Added Value Unit)
- Produce a two-course meal for a given number of people, safely and hygienically.