Learner Journey Summary - N5
- Understand and use mathematical concepts and relationships.
- Select and apply numerical skills.
- Select and apply skills in algebra, geometry, trigonometry and statistics.
- Use mathematical models.
- Use mathematical reasoning skills to interpret information, to select a strategy to solve a problem, and to communicate solutions.
Explanation Interpreting a situation where mathematics can be used and identifying a strategy.
- Can be attached to any operational skills to require analysis of a situation Explaining a solution and relating it to context
- Can be attached to any operational skills to require explanation of the solution given
- Working with surds.
- Simplifying expressions using the laws of indices.
- Working with reverse percentages.
- Working with algebraic expressions involving expansion of brackets.
- Factorising an algebraic expression.
- Completing the square in a quadratic expression with unitary 2 x coefficient.
- Applying the four operations (add, subtract, multiply or divide) to algebraic fractions.
- Explanation Determining the equation of a straight line.
- Working with linear equations and inequations.
- Working with simultaneous equations.
- Changing the subject of a formula.
- Recognise and determine the equation of a quadratic function from its graph.
- Sketching a quadratic function
- Identifying features of a quadratic function.
- Solving a quadratic equation.
- Solving a quadratic equation using the quadratic formula.
- Determining the gradient of a straight line, given two points.
- Circle geometry.
- Calculating the volume of a standard solid.
- Applying Pythagoras’ theorem.
- Applying the properties of shapes to determine an angle involving at least two steps.
- Working with two-dimensional vectors.
- Working with three dimensional coordinates
- Working with the graphs of trigonometric functions.
- Calculating the area of a triangle using trigonometry.
- Using bearings with trigonometry.
Comparing data sets using statistics Compare data sets using calculated/determined:
- Semi-interquartile range,
- Standard deviation Forming a linear model from a given set of data.
- Determine the equation of a best-fitting straight line on a scattergraph and use it to estimate y given x.
- A to Z on Jobs that require Maths.docx
- growth and fixed.docx
- How to help your child at home with Maths.docx
- Maths Vocabulary for Exams.docx
- National 5 - Formulas NOT Given.docx
- National 5 Basic Trig.docx
- National 5 Content Pupils Tick Sheets with Vocabulary.docx
- National 5 Fractions.docx
- National 5 Further Trig.docx
- National 5 Journey Maths.docx
- National 5 Percentages.docx
- national 5 Pythagoras.docx
- national 5 Significant Figures.docx
- National 5 Statistics.docx
- National 5 straight line.docx
- National 5 Vectors.docx