When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally. These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don't need to do it for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there's enough capacity to ensure they are fast
Cookies for managing your current visit
- Name: site_session
- Typical content: randomly generated
- Expires: text when user exits browser
Cookies for improving service
Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and volumes of usage. This is to ensure that the service is available when you want it and fast.
- Name: _utma / _utmb / _utmc / _utmz
- Typical content: randomly generated number / randomly generated number / randomly generated number / randomly generated number plus info on how the site was reached (e.g. directly or via a link, organic search or paid search)
- Expires: 2 years / 30 minutes / when user exits browser / 6 months after it was last set.
Controlling your personal information
All information will be held by Cathkin High School in accordance with the 1998 Data Protection Act for school purposes only. This may include sending publications, advancing the interests of the School and promoting links between former pupils. We guarantee that all details will remain confidential and will not be passed on to third parties, other than approved representatives of the School, who are involved in activities relating to the aforementioned purposes. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the Communications Manager, Cathkin High School, Langlea Road,Cambuslang G72 8ES. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.